Read what we’ve been up to
Top 10 Most Popular Recipes for 2020 Offer Variety & Surprises
Easy, cheesy and crowd pleasing were some of the primary recipe characteristics that visitors to the Jones Dairy Farm website were seeking based on dishes that made the company’s Top 10 Most Popular Recipe List for 2020.
Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders landed as the most popular recipe of 2020. Other top ranked recipes included breakfast casseroles, breakfast sandwiches and meals that could be made ahead or eaten at a later date. Two surprises that made the top 10 suggest individuals also are seeking adventurous recipes (Bacon Wrapped Wild Goose Breasts) and dishes that offer old world comfort (Creamy Braunschweiger Dip).
With more people working and schooling from home, research has shown that Americans are cooking and snacking in a big way whether it’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner. According to Lisa Caras, 7th Generation Marketing Manager for Jones, seasoned and novice cooks alike are tapping recipe books and websites for a host of reasons that include learning the basics, upping their game, recreating nostalgic dishes or merely expanding their recipe repertoire. For example, Jones reports a more than 4 percent increase in recipe pageviews in 2020 compared to 2019. “We’re excited about the increased interest of our online recipe database,” said Caras. “With core products like breakfast sausage, ham and bacon, it’s nice to be able to offer our valued customers practical and creative ways to serve comfort to their families.”
Jones Dairy Farm’s Top 10 most popular recipes of 2020 were determined by the number of pageviews between 1/1/20 until 12/15/20. Here’s the list of the Top 10 and the Jones Product featured in the recipe:
- Cheesy Sausage Egg Breakfast Sliders: Perfect for serving a crowd, these sweet and savory breakfast sliders can be prepped the day before and popped into the oven before guests arrive. (Jones Roll Sausage)
- Breakfast Lasagna: Not your average breakfast casserole, this breakfast lasagna swaps French toast for pasta and layers in hash browns, smoked ham, cheese and eggs. (Jones Ham Steak)
- Best Ever Barbecued Ham Steaks: Prepared on the grill or broiler, this quick and easy recipe will have everyone begging for seconds. (Jones Ham Steaks)
- Bacon Wrapped Wild Goose Breasts: Herb and red wine marinated goose breasts are wrapped with dry aged bacon and grilled to perfection. (Jones Bacon)
- Quick and Easy Egg Bites: These quick and easy egg bites are perfect to meal prep for breakfast on-the-go or fresh out of the oven. (Golden Brown Links)
- Fully Loaded Cheesy Breakfast Casserole: This gluten-free casserole has all our favorite things: bacon, breakfast sausage, cheese and hash browns. (Jones Roll Sausage, Jones Bacon)
- Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Skillet: An easy one pan dinner that’s packed with flavor and ready in less than 30 minutes. (Jones Turkey Sausage Links)
- Creamy Braunschweiger Dip: So simple to make yet so tasty even to those who think they don’t like braunschweiger. (Jones Liver Sausage)
- Classic Sausage Stuffing: If traditional sausage stuffing recipe is what you’re after, look no further. Jones pork sausage provides a rich, savory flavor that your family will love. (Jones Roll Sausage)
- Cheesy Bacon and Egg Breakfast Bombs: These savory bombs are topped with garlic butter and filled with oozing cheese, bacon and eggs. The recipe serves eight, but you might not want to share. (Jones Bacon)
For hundreds of delicious recipes that range from classic to the more adventurous and include ones for special diets like gluten free, keto and paleo, visit the Jones Dairy Farm recipe section on this website or follow the company on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.